Local Area Network/Ethernet printers:
Star Micronics TSP143LAN or TSP654LAN
Require that the printer be plugged into a wireless router and the iOS device (iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPod Touch), Android phone or tablet be connected to that wireless router through the WiFi signal that the wireless router is broadcasting.
For customers that are mobile (i.e. food trucks), we would recommend a USB modem and a cradlepoint router.
If you have multiple payment devices and multiple printers, these printers are the only way to go as the Bluetooth ones can only connect to one device.
Star Micronics TSP654II-BT (desktop Bluetooth printer) or SM-S220i (battery powered printer)
These printers are paired to one device (i.e. 1 iPad can only connect to 1 printer and that printer can only be connected to 1 iPad).
These printers are ideal for mobile businesses or businesses that only need 1 payment device and 1 printer.
- You can choose to print a receipt at the end of a transaction or before a transaction is closed.
- Multiple iPads can sync with the same printer (only with LAN/Ethernet printers).
- Ability to manage and adjust tips on printed receipts with the SalesVu app
- Organize where you want orders to be printed (drinks to a bar printer, food to a kitchen printer).
Setting up Printers
- 1. Connect your printer(s) to your wireless router with an Ethernet cable.
- 2. Connect your iOS or Android Phone/Tablet to your wireless router’s WiFi network. If you have more than 1 network broadcasting (i.e. guest network and private network), make sure the ports are set to the same network as the one your devices are connected to.
- 3. On iOS or Android Phone/Tablet, touch the printer icon.
- 4. If there are no printers listed, touch the refresh button.
- 5. Select ‘Print’ to determine which printer(s) function under their labels if you are using more than one printer.
- 6. Next, go to the online portal to configure printers.
- 7. Select ‘Settings.’
- 8. Select ‘Printer Settings for Mobile Devices.’
- 9. Rename your printers to help you identify their uses (i.e. “Receipt,” “Kitchen”).
- 10. If you are using a kitchen/bar printer, turn on the button next to that printer under ‘Kitchen/Bar Printer.”
- 11. Under categories, you may select which tickets you want to send to the kitchen.
- 12. Save the settings that you have selected.
Using the printers from the iOS or Android Phone/Tablets
- 1. After configuring printers from the online portal, go back to your iOS or Android Phone/Tablets.
- 2. Create an order to send to the kitchen, for example.
- 3. Select the printer icon.
- 4. Select ‘Kitchen’ (or however you have labeled your kitchen printer).
- 5. Press ‘Print.’
- 6. Only the portion of the order that you have selected to be sent to the kitchen will print on the kitchen printer.
- 7. To have a customer check out, press ‘Cancel’ to leave that screen.
- 8. Select ‘Pay.’
- 9. Select method of payment (i.e. ‘Cash,’ ‘Credit Card,’ etc).
- 10. Select ‘Print Receipt.’
- 1. Go to your account on the SalesVu website and select the Settings toolbar.
- 2. Select “Printer Settings for Mobile Devices.”
- 3. Click the blue button under “Printer Type” to select “Kitchen/Bar Printer.”
- 4. Assign inventory categories to your printer by clicking on the boxes next to each product category.
- 5. Click “Save.”