- Den.m.bar (dmb) is a custom denim workshop located in the heart of Los Angeles’ Fashion District that creates jeans, ties, clutches, wallets and a variety of denim accessories. Dmb creates tailor-made-to-order denim for men and women using traditional denim craft techniques. Dmb believes that there are three essential components to owning the finest denim: quality material, good fit and personal style. According to den.m.bar Owner Derek Yip, each stitch is stitched for durability and designed to reflect their principles of timeless traditional denim apparel.
“While doing everything by hand takes time and costs a bit more, each piece is crafted with some serious TLC,” said Yip. “ We take pride in our work and because of that, we have the utmost attention to detail on our craftsmanship.”
- A retail POS system was essential for dmb because they needed a way to process credit cards anywhere they go, whether it be events, fairs or pop-up shops.
“Having a mobile POS system helps us tremendously,” said Yip.
The SalesVu Decision
- When looking into iPad POS solutions, den.m.bar considered SalesVu, Square, Shopkeep, GoPayment and PayPal. Yip said dmb briefly tried to use Square POS but switched to SalesVu when they discovered the depth of features.
“After checking out other POS systems, SalesVu had the best transaction fee pricing, a lot of functions that other systems didn’t offer and most of all, there was no monthly fee if we passed the monthly minimum requirement,” said Yip.
- Den.m.bar’s favorite aspect of the SalesVu iPad POS is the ability to see and export customer data and sales reports as well as create customized reports.
“The reason why this is important to us is because with more information on hand, we are able to change our strategy and make our business more efficient,” said Yip.
- SalesVu has helped dmb by providing a user friendly interface for their sales team.
“SalesVu has streamlined the method of processing orders and made it super easy to gather useful data for market research,” said Yip.
- Den.m.bar has saved a significant amount of money between not having to pay a monthly fee and having a lower transaction fee.
For more information on L.A.’s finest bespoke denim shop, go to www.denmbar.com, follow them on Twitter: @denmbar or like their Facebook page.