- THE STARDUST CLUB and BILLIARDS (SCB), a family owned and operated business since 1996, has set itself apart from the rest of the Austin, Texas social scene. With two full service bars, 16 pool tables, a projection screen TV (along with 17 other screens), live music and karaoke, there is something for everyone to enjoy. In addition to these main attractions, they also provide darts, dominoes, a digital jukebox, shuffle board, video games, touch screen bar tops and liquor catering. STARDUST has daily specials and events that incorporate all of their great features
“We have everything you need to have a great time,” said Owner Joan Castillo.
- Because of her busy schedule, Castillo wanted the ability to see everything related to her business remotely.
“To be able to wake up at my home and pull information from the previous evenings sales and/or reports in my pajamas is great,” said Castillo. “I can do most of my work from my phone or computer without coming into my business.”
- Prior to adopting SalesVu, SCB was using Casio electronic cash registers. They had a very basic register system, paper inventory and sales reports were done either manually or on a spreadsheet.
The SalesVu Decision
- Castillo looked into Aloha, POS Nation and Prosperity POS.
“I know several business owners in Austin that use SalesVu and I asked them if they liked the functionality and if it was user friendly; it seemed to fit what I had been looking for in a POS system,” said Castillo.
- SCB needed inventory control and uniform pricing for all of its bartenders; SalesVu had the necessary features.
“I like the fact that I can be anywhere and adjust a product price, name, marketing tool, read reports and email items to my manager or my CPA,” said Castillo. “I am still finding new things that SalesVu has to offer for me and my business.”
- SalesVu is user friendly and simple.
“Almost all of my bartenders are younger and use Apple devices, such as iPhones, iPods, iPads and Macs,” said Castillo. “When I looked into this system and its use of Apple products, it was a win-win because I would not have to teach them how to use it.”
- Castillo liked the remote capabilities.
“I like being able to go into the system and look at a sale or a report at any given time at home, on the road, whatever,” said Castillo.
- STARDUST has been able to utilize uniformed pricing and simpler inventory management.
- The reports have helped save time.
“I can view everything from average sale tickets to quantity of items sold in a day, week or monthly basis, which saves time,” said Castillo.
- According to Castillo, SCB has saved a minimum of $10,000 by switching to SalesVu iPad POS; including, needing multiple devices, printers and credit card swipers.
“The tech support is priceless! I am able to call them any time of day and get my questions or inquiries answered with a phone call,” said Castillo. “I think they are great!”
For more information about THE STARDUST CLUB and BILLIARDS, you can visit their website: www.thestardustclub.com, follow them on Twitter: @StardustAustin or like their Facebook page!